Prostaglandins Vs. Peptides In Lash & Brow Serums
I don’t know about you but I was tired of having short, skinny eyelashes. When I started investigating the different lash serums on the market I was shocked to find out the most popular choices had a drug in them! The drug is called a prostaglandin which is an ocular hypotensive agent used in the treatment of glaucoma and hypertrichosis (a rare condition in which there is little or no hair growth on the head, including brows, eyelashes, or other areas of the body where hair normally grows).
It can have some unintended side effects too:
- Eye redness and irritation
- Dry eyes
- Darkened eyelid skin
- Darkening of the iris (colored portion of the eye)
- Permanent blockage of the Meibomian glands, responsible for secreting oils that help clean and moisturize eyes
I was shocked. How are these lash serums being sold without a prescription and without proper warnings?
Well, the sad truth is:
- Cosmetic manufacturers are not required to get FDA approval when selling products in the United States.
- As long as the manufacturer uses the right language in describing its product, it can easily avoid enforcement proceedings by the FDA.
- FDA is restricted by limited authority in the cosmetic realm.
- FDA is not authorized to order recalls of cosmetics.
If you’re concerned about using an eyelash serum with a prostaglandin look for these ingredients listed in the ingredient list:
- Cloprostenol Isopropyl
- Isopropyl Cloprostenate
- Dechloro Dihydroxy Difluoro Ethylcloprostenolamide
- Isopropyl Phenylhydroxypentene Dihydroxycyclopentylheptanate
Determined to find a drug-free, natural approach I researched peptides. Peptides are amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein.
Benefits of peptides for lashes and brows:
- Safe, all-natural, drug-free
- Enhance the appearance and density of lashes and brows
- Nourish and strengthen lashes and brows at the follicle
- Condition lashes and brows for lush results
- Help build stronger lashes and brows to protect them from breakage and damage
Peptides to look for in eyelash serums:
- Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17
- Myristoyl Hexapeptide-16
For an all-natural, drug-free approach to lush, gorgeous lashes and brows try Lash Teez®. Formulated with Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 that has clinical studies that show an increase of greater than 60% in the appearance of length and density of lashes in 42 days! Believe me, you won’t be disappointed.